Digital Records Manager (2 Year FTC)
Limerick City & County Council invites applications from suitably qualified candidates for the position of:
Digital Records Manager - (2 Year Fixed Term Contract)
On the closing date for receipt of completed application forms, candidates must;
(a) be of good character
(b) be in a state of health such as would indicate a reasonable prospect of ability to render regular and efficient service.
Education, Training, Experience, etc.
Each candidate must, on the latest date for receipt of completed application forms hold or have;
Postgraduate qualification Level 9 in Archives and Records Management or Information Science
Third level qualification at level 7 or equivalent in the National Framework of Qualifications, or equivalent, in a Computing\IT related discipline relating to the advertised position.
Experience in the field of electronic document record management systems (EDRMS) software
It is desirable that the successful candidate will demonstrate through their application form and at interview that he/she has;
• Knowledge and understanding of records theory, record management standards, recordkeeping practices and digital preservation systems.
• Experience in the development of multi-level classification schemes and the application of records management theory to the digital environment.
• Knowledge of Data Protection and Freedom of Information Legislation
• Thorough knowledge of retention guidelines and relevant records and information management technology applications for records retention
• Excellent knowledge of the technical requirements for digital preservation, including metadata schema, workflows and file formats, hardware and software.
• Knowledge of the global and Irish digital environment in relation to data management, content sharing and digital preservation.
• Demonstrated project management skills and experience
• Demonstrated ability to work effectively in a team
• Excellent IT skills and a demonstrated interest in digital records
• Experience in the field of document management systems software
€45,849 to €56,031 dependent on performance and inclusive of two long service increments
Hours of Work:
37 hours per week
30 days per annum
Completed application forms must be e-mailed to firstname.lastname@example.org no later than Thursday, 3rd August, 2017.
An official application form must be completed in full by the closing date for the competition. Please note that amendments to the application form will not be accepted after the closing date.
Please send your application from an email address that you will review regularly as communication during the assessment/selection period will only be through that e-mail address.
Limerick City & County Council is an equal opportunities employer.
Limerick City & County Council
Human Resources Department