Carpenter / Joiner
Limerick City and County Council has a vacancy for the position of permanent Craftworker (Carpenter/Joiner) and will be creating a panel from which any permanent or temporary vacancies arising during the lifetime of the panel may be filled.
• Work as part of a housing maintenance crew, reporting to the Area Foreman/Engineers;
• The person will be required to carry out all the duties allotted to him/her by the Council through its management and supervisory staff, relative to the repair and maintenance of the Council’s dwellings and buildings, and related services and any other such duties that may be assigned to him/her from time to time;
• To arrange the supply of materials necessary for maintenance or repair work and to keep appropriate records of same;
• To maintain stock levels as required in any Council vehicle;
• To carry out such work of a manual inspection or clerical nature as may be assigned from time to time;
• To carry out surveys of installations and provide reports as required;
• To drive such council transport as required;
• He/She will keep and furnish such records and reports relating to his/her duties as directed by the Council’s management and/or supervisory staff;
• Participate in the development of Apprentices through an Apprentice training programme;
• Use all current and new technology introduced by Limerick City and County Council.
The employed person may be called on at any time, in case of emergency or urgent need, to deal with urgent maintenance and will be required to participate on an on-call rota.
Each candidate must:
• Be a fully qualified/certified, time serviced Carpenter/Joiner, and shall hold a National Craft Certificate or approved equivalent qualification as a Carpenter/Joiner.
• Have a good standard of general education;
• Have a minimum of five years post qualification experience.
• Possess good organisational and communication skills
• Be the holder of a full, clean, current, Class B driving licence
• Hold a valid Safepass card
• Hold current Manual Handling certification.
Salary: The current wage scale is €643.52 to €752.99.
Hours of Work: 39 hour week.
Annual Leave: 25 day per annum including Good Friday
The Application Form and Briefing Document are available to be downloaded from the Council’s website www.limerick.ie/council/your-council/jobs and from Human Resources Department, Corporate Headquarters, Merchant’s Quay, Limerick, Tel. 061-557160 or Email: email@example.com.
An official application form must be completed in full by the closing date for the competition. Please note that amendments to the application form will not be accepted after the closing date.
Completed application form must be e-mailed to firstname.lastname@example.org no later than 16th December 2019.
Please send your application from an email address that you will review regularly as communication during the assessment/selection period will only be through that email address.
Limerick City & County Council
Human Resources Department