The duties of the Library Assistantshall be consistent with the provision of a modern public library service that is responsive to the changing requirements of customers of all ages and abilities and will include but are not limited to the following:
• Providing frontline library service to the public;
• Assisting the public as necessary;
• Providing access to library resources in house and online;
• Supporting senior staff in the delivery of the library service;
• Assisting in the promotion of the library service including the organisation and delivery of events;
• Operating IT systems and equipment as required;
• Carrying out administrative duties relevant to the library service;
• Providing branch relief work as necessary;
• Carrying out such other duties as may be assigned from time to time.
The duties shall be such as may be assigned to the officer from time to time by the Local Authority. The duties will also include deputising for other officers of the Local Authority, when required, and such duties as may be assigned to the person in relation to the area of any other Local Authority. The particular duties and responsibilities attached to the post may vary from time to time, without changing the general character of the duties or level of responsibilities entailed. The postholder may therefore be required to perform duties appropriate to the post, other than those detailed above, and to take instructions from and report to, an appropriate Officer or such designated Officer as may be assigned from time to time by the Council.