Assistant Digital Records Manager - 3 Year FTC
Limerick City & County Council invites applications from suitably qualified candidates for the position of:
Assistant Digital Records Manager - (3 Year Fixed Term Contract)
On the closing date for receipt of completed application forms, candidates must;
(a) Be of good character.
(b) Each candidate must be in a state of health such as would indicate a reasonable prospect of ability to render regular and efficient service.
Education, Training, Experience, etc.
Each candidate must, on the latest date for receipt of completed application forms hold or have;
• Postgraduate qualification in either Archives and Records Management or Information and Library Studies.
• Postgraduate qualification level 9 in a research discipline with a background in digital records management.
It is desirable that the successful candidate will demonstrate through their application form and at interview that he/she has;
• Knowledge in the field of document management systems software.
• Knowledge and understanding of records theory, record management standards, recordkeeping practices and digital preservation systems.
• Knowledge of the methodology supporting the development of multi- level classification schemes and the application of records management theory to the digital environment.
• Knowledge of Data Protection and Freedom of Information Legislation.
• Thorough knowledge of retention guidelines and relevant records and information management technology applications for records retention.
• Knowledge of the technical requirements for digital preservation, including metadata schema, workflows and file formats, hardware and software.
• Knowledge of the global and Irish digital environment in relation to data management, content sharing and digital preservation.
• Excellent IT skills and a demonstrated interest in digital records.
• Experience in handling large data sets, data analysis, creating workflows and reporting.
• Demonstrated ability to work effectively in a team
Salary scale: €42,041 to €50,490 (LSI 2) is inclusive of two long service increments. Payment of increments is dependent on satisfactory performance.
Hours of Work:
37 hours per week.
30 days per annum.
The Application Form and Briefing Document are available to be downloaded from the Council's website www.limerick.ie/council/your-council/jobs and also from Human Resources, Corporate Headquarters, Merchant's Quay, Limerick. Tel: (061) 557160; E-mail: email@example.com.
Completed application forms must be e-mailed to firstname.lastname@example.org no later than Monday 26th August 2019.
An official application form must be completed in full by the closing date for the competition. Please note that amendments to the application form will not be accepted after the closing date.
Please send your application from an email address that you will review regularly as communication during the assessment/selection period will only be through that e-mail address.
Limerick City & County Council is an equal opportunities employer.
Limerick City & County Council
Human Resources Department